Translate

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Pageant politics turn ugly

AdelaideNow... Pageant politics turn ugly:

"Onkaparinga Mayor Lorraine Rosenberg accused union organisers of 'trying to trick council' with their application after learning the planned banner made no reference to Christmas."

There's a time and a place and we all know some politicians and some political decisions need a long , hard look in the bright light of day, but not at a Christmas pageant for crying out loud. I was there. I didn't mean to be there because I had no idea it was on and I have no littlies. I have been to the Southern Community Christmas Pageant when I have had littlies around the place and it's nice. Modest, but nice and everyone gets out there for the kids. It's about the local community and it's about involving the families and people in the local community. It is about Christmas. It's about goodwill and good spirit. The new mayor is obviously no featherweight and has called it right. Politics is running amok over everything. Who do they think they are? Time and place. Time and place, people. What really impressed me yesterday...and why I stayed even though I was supposed to be preparing for a birthday party at my place, was the pride in the costumes. Adults and children were turning up in really well thought out costumes and the elves and fairies looked so cute. It must have taken ages to put their outfits together and it would have been a real family thing to get it all togeher. Family. Gottit? It was a family day and the children and parents obviously had spent some good family time to arrive at that special event. Santa hats were everywhere, but my hat was off to the huge dedication to great costumes so many people were wearing this year. It's good that most people know what Christmas is about. Pity others can't realise that it is upon us. Let's hear it for the elves and fairies!!

No comments: