Translate

Friday, August 11, 2006

Security beefed up at airport

AdelaideNow... Security beefed up at airport:

"PERTH'S airport has tightened security in the wake of the foiled bomb plot in Britain."

In my recent travels I was really impressed with how everyone in any airport could co ordinate efficiently and effectively without scaring the living daylights out of everyone. I felt a lot safer because the people working in airports and on planes were calm, efficient and obviously well trained and effective. At any give stage in an airport or on a plane there might be an alert but the capacity for the employees to communicate without aggression, hysteria, or an overbearing manner was really impressive. Australians had quite a different style from the New Caledonians but they were all effective. If it is furtheur tightened I cannot see a problem. It will make us feel better. I was expecting to be freaked out by my travels but it was the opposite. Our airline and airport people in the South Pacific are great and I thank them.

No comments: