Translate

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Stimulus Payments

"Well there's great news for dead people, Kevin Rudd's going to give them $900 as part of the economic stimulus package," he said.

Have I missed something? The payments are not going to the dead, their estates might be eligible. Who receives the money form the estates? The people nominated in the will. The living. The spouse, the children. I should think that would be a good thing to have money paid into an estate especially if you have children going to school, if you have lost your income earner, if you have to move because you cannot live in a big house alone. I could see that money would be put to very good use.Isn't that why we are getting the stimulus package? When people die there is a big financial outlay and you do not begrudge them so if the estate becomes eligible for that government funding , it might actually soften the blow for some people. Had that happened when my mother died I would have suffered less financially at the time. It was a big financial blow for me at the time. It wouldn't be now.Times change. There will be people out there who need that  money because they have lost someone.

No comments: