Translate

Monday, July 30, 2007

Potty-mouthed priest ashamed of outburst

AdelaideNow... Potty-mouthed priest ashamed of outburst: "'I can't excuse it, I wouldn't even try to, I don't know why I said those things. It might be linked up in some way that so many priests are considered to be pedophiles and here I was being called one.'"

I think we need to look at what was going on at the time and what had occurred before. There are experts out there who manipulate others so that the other person looks hostile and aggressive whereas anger can be a valid reaction to being pushed too far. Yes, I am sure he could have done it better. This is where you need a mediator and a conference. The skateboarders need to explain their behaviour and their words and the priest needs to be able to speak his mind. It's obviously something which can be talked out because even Jesus lost his temper in the temple. We need to look at what is going on for the priest and then why the skateboarders would want to needle a priest. To say the least there is a communication breakdown but it's a matter of looking at how it all occurred and what misconceptions have led to anger on both sides. The skateboarders are obviously angry too if they would want to provoke a priest. For the priest it may be a lot more complex than an undignified outburst. It really needs to be negotiated.

No comments: