Translate

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Homesick Haneef wants to leave

Homesick Haneef wants to leave: "Mr Russo said Dr Haneef was keen to go home as soon he could - possibly as early as tonight - even if his work visa was reinstated."

I don't blame him. I am certain his friends and family in Bangalore will be of great help to him at this point in time. Once again our government has shown it is incapable of running high level security because they haven't got it right again. We have now had several of these investigations to find out what went wrong but, quite frankly, it's not good enough. It does not make us safe. It does not inspire confidence. It is humiliating and embarrassing for us because we are treating decent people very poorly. Worse than poorly. I am sorry Dr. Haneef has to leave us but I fully understand why. I would be doing the same myself. Pick a person, any person and just go for it. We are not like that. We were horrified when it happened and we are still deeply upset this has happened and from such a high level. We don't treat people like that.

No comments: