Translate

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Yves Rossy

'Fusion Man' makes historic Channel flight - ABC News
Swiss airline pilot Yves Rossy has become the first person to fly between France and England using a jet-powered wing.

I heard him interviewed on the radio and he sounded so relaxed, so happy and really enthusiastic. The English had given him a fitting and warm welcome to their land. He seems to be very unique which is why he has done something unique. I prefer a world where we allow clever people to perform something completely different at a superb level. This is a genuine adventure and at 49 he has obviously used all his life skills to pioneer something for the world. Teleportation would suit me fine. A gadget to powerhouse me around would amuse me no end. This gadget though is rather particular and you'd have to be pretty fit to manage it because it relies on your body to steer it. He is an amazing man who has just done something really amazing. I need something where you don't have to freefall out of a plane first. I am such a coward.

No comments: