Translate

Saturday, August 09, 2008

It's raining again

Having gone out to forage for food this morning I am now back inside in the warm...because it's raining again! Cold, wet and more wet. I did actually manage to get out and mow my back lawn. Yes, I do actually have the immense joy of having a lawn to mow. My front lawn seems to have grown very green but where there was once lawn, that got well and truly killed by the water restrictions and I now have front weeds which are low growing and will mow quite nicely! I shall have to put some thought into what to do at the front. last year it was green and lovely and then we weren't able to water and I was in despair of the brown and dust. I have regenerated it but the weeds have really taken hold even though my previous lawn didn't have weeds! Yes, something to ponder as I keep warm and inside. There is only so much sitting on my backside I can do. We have been freezing this year. Probably because we got so boiled in summer. We are grateful for the rain but Adelaidians are starting to wilt because we are not good at cold and wet and it makes us all droopy and sad puppy faced. The plan this morning was to hit the shops and get out again because it was so cold and we are all tired from staying up and thoroughly enjoying the opening ceremony of the Beijing games.

No comments: