Translate

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Customers to find errors

Onus on customers to find energy billing errors -BrisbaneTimes
The Queensland government will force energy retailers who overcharge customers to credit their next bill, but the onus will be on householders to find the errors.

There is a bit of this going around lately and it's not good enough. I have had to make all the phone calls to resolve a dispute between my local newsagent and a newspaper I was silly enough to subscribe to. The newspaper was going to do nothing. The newsagent wanted me to pay the bill in cash when I had subscribed with my credit card. I did resolve it because I knew who to call and what to say. I shall never subscribe to a newspaper again. My sister has had to resolve the matter of her electricity company constantly charging the wrong amount to her bank account. Basically we are providing the job skills for the people who are no longer employed who were doing the job..and bingo the company makes plenty of profit because people either cannot claim refunds because they do not have the skills or don't because they do not have the time. It's a profit making scam. The best one I had last year was when I had to claim the part of the year I had a dependent. The accountant didn't do it. ATO didn't do it...until I furnished all the paperwork and details and then I have to say the third woman I spoke to was brilliant and resolved the matter in an hour and phoned me back...because that's the other issue. Some people on the other end of the phone have no idea...and so you have to know how to pursue a refund related problem. It is a shambles out there and unforgiveable because it is taking advantage of us.

No comments: