Translate

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Iraq violence reinforces need for Aust presence

Iraq violence reinforces need for Aust presence: "Foreign Affairs Minister Alexander Downer says a string of deadly car bombings in Baghdad strengthens the resolve of the Australian Government to maintain its presence in Iraq."

Don't want to hand Iraq over to the Iraqis? Why ever not? It's their country and we stuffed it up by going there. It just gets bloodier and bloodier. Politicans puff all this hot air about it. These are real people with real lives over there and they are dying and money is just being sucked up. It is becoming worse. I get the impression that politicians do not actually want to do anything about it. They make their speeches but the slaughter, the death, the loss of life and the constant drain on money just goes on and on and on. No one cares. I care. I care we are there and it is not helping. So who is benefitting by letting it just bleed to death like this? Not me. I am appalled I belong to nation which has caused this much misery and is refusing to deal with it so that the situation improves.

No comments: