Translate

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Why VOIP Needs Crypto

Wired News: Why VOIP Needs Crypto:

"This is why encryption for VOIP is so important. VOIP calls are vulnerable to a variety of threats that traditional telephone calls are not. Encryption is one of the essential security technologies for computer data, and it will go a long way toward securing VOIP."

Wired News is a good site to go if you want decent and interesting tech news. The voice IP stuff is something people are slowly getting into . Not me. I had a feeling like IRC, it could be a problem but couldn't actually identify it. Wired, as usual, has clearly explained the phone threats we have. Given our government has legalised access to phones, sms and email for everyone,then we have been thinking about it quite a lot. My phone calls are basicially crap, as are my SMS and my emails, but they are MY crap and Her Majesty used to protect all of this for me. I am surprised, considering we still have the Queen as our head of state, we cannot still allow Her Majesty to protect our privacy. I feel like I understand it all better now I've read this Wired article and know that I can rally my thoughts about it better.

No comments: