Translate

Saturday, March 25, 2006

One Big Village

One Big Village - Homepage:

"It might be a purchase you make or a journey you take. It might be an investment decision or the choice to leave the heating on.

This is possible because we all live and work within a world where – strange as it may seem – everything is dependent on everything else."

It's true. We can all make a difference. Decisions we make can make a difference. It is three months since I started sponsoring my child through World Vision and it has meant so much to me. I could never have imagined a piece of plain paper written in African on one side and English on another would mean so much to me. Simple, unadorned but a very powerful piece of communication. It says so much more than fancy brochures. It is now at the stage where we can regularly exchange letters and it is exciting. My child likes to see all the pictures of Australian animals and I like to hear about the village in Africa. Someone has to translate the letters and I am deeply grateful for that. Today, I sent an electronic letter because World Vision has now got that in place. It won't stop me sending snail mail but it's a welcome addition to ways of communicating which help me when I am busy. This one little child has taught me a lot.

No comments: