Translate

Friday, December 23, 2005

Christmas Cheer



The shops were packed, but no one was stressed. We all waited to get a park, but who cared? We eventually got the park, jumped out of the car and waltzed over to the shops. Lots of laughs. Shopping really has been great this year. I even had a race with an old guy who decided to change check out lanes to see if he could actually get out of the store. We had picked the slowest lane with a woman who was fiddle faddling with everything at the check out. The lanes either side were processing 3 customers to her one. He got out ages ahead of me, but it was a cheery competition and made the time pass, as did the old lady in the lane I changed to, to get out. She had obviously had words with her daughter who had a daughter of about 20. The old lady was saying, "I'm still your mother, you know" and winked at me. She was hilarious. She charmed the check out boy and had her grand daughter helping her with all the packages and the mother? Very straight faced. I'm sure she'll get over it!! Posted by Picasa

No comments: