Translate

Saturday, June 27, 2009

The games people play

Well, at last. There seem to be some games I can play! I have always said I hated computer games and they weren't for me. Farm Town and Pet Pupz on Facebook got me going , as I said before. I then tried Magic Farm. That is still going because I have plenty of bonus things to do and I appreciate that. It gave me an understanding of how games work and was quite fun. For me the unexpected benefit is that these games have had a good impact on my stress levels. I am less stressed and less anxious. I am absorbed in what I do. I would never have thought of games. Magic Farm got a bit repetitive though and I was looking for something else. I bought Sport Pupz and I am so bad at that but the puppy I have is so cute and the graphics are nice. It makes me laugh I am so bad. I am waiting for more time to get going on Zoo Tycoon 2  and I think I'll love that. I like sims type games. I like building and creating but don't want city muck. So I went back to My PlayCity and downloaded Spirit of Wandering. The front page is nothing like the game and very unnecessary and deceiving. it is set in pirate times, ship wrecks and islands. The graphics are good. The art work is so lovely and the under water scenes were nice. There were some nice artistic touches even though the story was a bit daft. I really appreciated the art work and effects. My mouse skills learned in Magic Farm got me lots of gold between the chapters. But it was basically a game of collecting things off the screen. So slow compared with Magic Farm. Slow! In the end I came to like it and it increased my observational skills and I could complete it easily. So now I am playing the Mystery of  Unicorn Castle. The story isn't too bad but there are grammatical errors and an inconsistency in language which is annoying. It has settled down but it loses the plot a bit. I'd love to get hold of the script and tidy it up. The art work is quite good but not of the same calibre as The Spirit of Wandering. I like the fact it has other things to do besides just collecting things. I like the puzzle bits so there is more variety which I appreciate in this and it has got away from the notion you have to bash things to have a game. Different types of games are coming out. Puzzles, word games and things to solve are popular. Sims type things are popular too. There ought to be things for everyone and My PlayCity does a good job of offering a wide range of games to see and try.

No comments: