Translate

Thursday, September 11, 2008

End of CDs

Is it time to say sayonara to the CD? - Digital Life
But the CD is still the overwhelming music format of choice for most Australians - even if there are strong indications that its days are numbered.


I have only just chucked out all my cassette tapes. I wasn't impressed. There was some great stuff. I can keep all my vinyl, but cassette tapes deteriorate. If I now have to get rid of CDs I'll be less than impressed. I buy CDs so I have something and because I really value the art work and packaging. Downloading means you have an intangible file which can be corrupted and or lost in milliseconds according to the whim and fancy of the gadget. I want something real...but the artwork is something really worth having and I wonder what will happen to all that inspirational album artwork? That is a massive loss to our lifestyle and heritage.

No comments: