Translate

Saturday, September 27, 2008

AFL grand final

Thousands show up for AFL final | The Australian
AFL boss Andrew Demetriou said Melbourne had produced a beautiful day for the grand final and tipped Geelong to win by four points.

Hawthorn vs Geelong and my friend in Melbourne tells me there is a real buzz around Southbank. If the weather is as beautiful as today it will be a great grand final. The Hawks haven't won for 17 years but most people seem to want the Cats to win again and can't wait for them to go back to back. What would I know?! All I can say is there is a big interest in it. A lot of people see to be readying themselves for it. Melbourne is well and truly enthusiastic about it...and I think I shall go for the Hawks. can't watch anything unless I am behind one team. What I do like is how much our pollies are behind all of this. football is the lifeblood of this country. Like it or not..it is our spirit and it's great the pollies are right into the spirit of it. Might mean we'll get Australia running in an Australian way and that would be fantastic. So are you ready for a 2.30 start? All over by 5? The Geelong midfield is going to be hard to manage!

No comments: