Translate

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Eat rats!

Eat rats, 'solve global food crisis' : "Mr Prakash's plan promotes consumption of rat meat in homes, street stalls, restaurants and even international five-star hotels."
OMG...OMG...OMG!!! I haven't recovered yet. In my book, or hard drive, the only good rat is a dead one but not on my plate. I hate them. I know they are cute and everything...but they just infest and infect and always have done. Maybe they are nutritious.Maybe they are more nutritious than other things we eat. Rat mince, rat balls, rat roast, rat chops, rat kebabs...stir fry rat. Rat bolognaise. I realise hungry people will eat what is there. I realise food faddishness is irrational. I'd rather eat guinea pig now I've thought about it. Some people eat guinea pigs. It is all in the culture and the upbringing and maybe we should be less fussy. But rats?

No comments: