Translate

Monday, April 14, 2008

Bosses to snoop on emails

Bosses to snoop on emails - and you would never know: "'At least 90 per cent of networks exist outside government but there's no powers for corporate network supervisors to intercept such communications unless they have specific authority from the employee,' Mr McClelland said."

You'd have to be bonkers to plan evil deeds by using work email. Seriously. I assume my emails are being read no matter when and where I write them and which client I use. I assume that is the world we live in. To protect us from the few, the rest of us have sacrificed individual freedoms. It used to be quite illegal for a letter to be opened by anyone other than the addressee. It was guaranteed it was your mail. Emails belong to everyone and no one seems to bother whether your privacy is being compromised or not. It is for your own good!! I don't actually use my word address. I never go there and I have the emails forwarded elsewhere. Work emails are just work emails. Everything else is just chat or business and I keep it simple. I am just saddened that we, as individuals, really are no longer respected and it is because there are some dumbclucks out there who would wreak havoc. That is not most of us.

No comments: