Translate

Monday, January 28, 2008

Djokovic hails breakthrough title

Djokovic hails breakthrough title : "'I am so proud of myself and to be the first Serbian who won the Grand Slam title,' said Djokovic, who eclipsed Jim Courier as the youngest men's winner at Melbourne Park."

Yes, he came back to the microphone to say that and the importance of what he had done must have just suddenly hit him. I was keeping track on the Net and then the site went into betting mode and I thought what?? So I put on the TV with no sound and became entranced with the quality of the game. It was energetic, interesting. Not predicable and routine. It was really good tennis. In set 3 Djokovic came out with the sniffing, the raised fists and all the antics which I am so over with tennis players and I was going to turn it off because I have seen it all too many times now. Then the whole thing heated up and the shots from both of them were brilliant. Then the leg went and the masseur came out. He is going to have to watch that if he is going to the top and wants to stay there. He is only young. It's been bothering him on and off now for a while. It needs to be dealt with. Jo ( as we now call him) was patient through all of this. He could really surprise the number 3 seed and pull him out of the stereotype behaviour so then I put the sound on for the last set and it was just brilliant. The pair of them are so well matched and so athletic and when they smile, the whole world lights up. They have put the tennis back in the tennis programme and they have put humanity back into the sport. It was a fantastic match. Tsonga will go a long way. He has a great style and attitude.

No comments: