Translate

Sunday, October 14, 2007

China, India buy our trash

AdelaideNow... China, India buy our trash: "Mr Harvey could not put a figure on the value of South Australia's exported waste but a 2006 Productivity Commission report outlines the 'significant growth' in the value of recyclable materials exported Australia-wide between 1994-95 and 2004-05."

Oh, how extraordinary. We need more details and more direction. I have spent this last week getting more stuff recycled. I have it down to a fine art now, but I tend to get a bit lost in the wash every so often so I go through my home and get the stuff into the right containers and get the show on the road again. it's the fine tuning. We need to be kept informed as to what is needed where. I still have a real problem with e-waste. The ink cartridges are not a problem, it's old monitors and printers...which are piling up! I haven't found an easy way to deal with this. I was prompted into action by a small business which did a letterbox drop for metal and listed what we could recycle. They came to pick it up. It was all so easy. Same with a clothing small business which was trying to get emergency clothing for the homeless. My whole street responded perfectly to both these calls. We need the information. We'll act!

No comments: