Translate

Sunday, July 01, 2007

Council gets tough on cats

AdelaideNow... Council gets tough on cats: "While cats could roam free in their own yards, if they jumped a fence to a neighbour's yard or walked down the street they would be regarded as fugitives."

This is ludicrous. Cats climb and jump. My neighbour's cat is often over here and the new neighbour's cat wanders over too. I just say hello and they wander off. Cats jump fences, they climb on roofs. They are cats. I have a dog, so my dog makes its thunderpaws racket sometimes and barks on the odd occasion. We work it out. We talk to each other. There is no expectation that the animals will not be animals. I no longer have a cat because a while back someone decided to purge the neighbourhood of cats. It was a cruel blow at the time but I don't doubt the person felt very proud of themselves. When we don't tolerate animals and people , we have lost it...like the New Zealanders who want to ban church bells because they make too much noise. We have become too self centred and self serving.

No comments: