Translate

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Water curbs dangerous

Water curbs dangerous: "``SA Water has been fielding many queries of this nature and also from elderly people that cannot operate trigger nozzle hoses,'' she said."

Tell me about it. It is not just the elderly. The restrictions are difficult to manage. I have never used a trigger hose. Now I find I have twice forgotten to turn the water off because I have been watering late and am tired and you just do not notice trigger hoses are on because the trigger doesn't let you know. I have arthritis so I have to use the steel clip to hold the hose on, but then you have to release it and trigger for some parts and it just kills my hands. I have burst two hoses because trigger hoses put a lot of pressure on the hose and if they are not turned off...which I have never done with a normal nozzle, then the pressure is massive. I also keep blowing off the end attachments of the hose connections which has never happened on a regular basis.I just cannot managetrigger hoses easily and I have probably been less efficient than usual and have encountered more problems. 8 pm has often been really cold. So I am boiled during the day and am standing there freezing at night. Adelaide is getting sick. I wonder why. We have managed our water well and household use has not been exorbitant. We'll trigger away but it is expensive, inconvenient and really, really hard. I hope industry and business is pulling their weight because apart from all of that, watering used to be an evening relaxation. Now we are all stuffed!

No comments: