Translate

Friday, November 17, 2006

World-wide corduroy club

World-wide corduroy club :

"More than 800 people around the world have signed up to be part of the New York-based Corduroy Appreciation Club, which meets every November 11 - the date, when written as 11/11, that most resembles the fabric they love."

I have never not been a fan of corduroy. I love the texture and I love the feel . I wear it because in winter it looks smart but it's easy to wash and dry and rarely needs ironing. I have several pairs of winter corduroy trousers in nice thick corduroy and then some autumn ones in pinwhale cord. I love the colours - Schiaparelli pink, electric blue, back, midnight blue and then my favourites in olive green. Topped with a blouse, a jumper and a nice scarf it's so easy to look well dressed and warm. I don't understand how people can wear normal jeans in winter and you can't go out in trakkies! The club is a great idea because it's a fabric we all take for granted.

No comments: