Translate

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Landslide in Indonesia

Java village buried by landslide:

"Police in central Java province said most of the houses in Cijeruk were completely buried, and it is feared the death toll could rise further."

There are some countries like Japan and Indonesia which are constantly being buffeted by storms, rain and floods. These people must be strong to be able to cope with so much constant mess, heartache, clearing up and pain. I don't blog about it much, but it doesn't mean I neither notice nor care. I feel for these people in Indonesia. Indonesia is straight up through Darwin from Adelaide and I have had a number of contacts with Indonesia, one way or another, over the years , so it makes me think about these people. There seems to be no end to their suffering and I hope we shall be able to ease some of their difficulties because we do already have good contact there.

No comments: