Translate

Monday, October 31, 2005

The good news

Tomorrow is the Melbourne Cup and the whole nation is winding up for it. A day full of hats, good wine, top cuisine and the biggest horse race. My hat is all ready for the special lunch at work. It's a great day for our chefs to show case their talent and for 3 minutes the whole nation will stand still. Even those who don't want to participate will know the Cup is on. May the best horse win!!

I got the picture of the little boy I am now sponsoring through World Vision. Now I can see him and have some idea of his family, I am so glad I made the decision. He is 7 and lives in Tanzania where the life expectancy is 44. Very sobering thought. I hope he will be able to go to school now.

The sun is out, it looks and feels like spring! Not bad considering it's November 1st tomorrow! It makes such a difference to have warm weather.

No comments: