Translate

Monday, July 04, 2005

Government websites

The Advertiser: Taxpayers collect big bill for websites:

"Administrative Services Minister Michael Wright said the cost of establishing a website could range from $20,000 to more than $300,000 and 'as a general rule' annual maintenance costs were about 30 per cent of the initial establishment costs."

Maybe they should try blogging. Heaps cheaper and very effective. I have no objection to the government having websites (which is very big of me, I know) but maybe they need to be streamlined, made more efficient, rationalised. List them, let us have a look at the websites. I know some of them and they are pretty handy. I know others and they are pretty clunky. This is 2005 so websites per se are not an issue as far as I am concerned...but blogging's the go, people. Give it a whirl. Then we can have more tax cuts. Thank you.

No comments: