Translate

Sunday, November 28, 2004

Life's good

I have just had a great weekend. We have had several days of high 30s and unlike others...I like the heat!!! As you know, if you read my blog, I do not do cold, wet, grey. I confess the heat has made my lovely, lush garden a bit crispy. You can see the signs of sunburn! I feel better and have still been out in the shade working on my garden. But it's mainly been a social weekend with a lot of laughter and gasbagging. Lots of good, healthy discussions and chatter. After my big effort outside this morning(open warfare on ants!!!) I came in and decided to load Firefox. The other day I had an unscheduled scan disk when I booted up the computer and it seemed to be revolving around truncating this and that to do with Mozilla. I couldn't put things in the toolbar and all my bookmarks were gone except the imported IE6 favourites. Bit odd. I've carried on because I've had other things to do. Today I decided to tackle it and was ready for the long haul of tweaking this and fiddling with that. I had Firefox and its email client Thunderbird installed and running smoothly in 10 minutes. Couldn't believe my luck nor the smoothness of the operation. Firefox is pretty intuitive and Thunderbird is like the Mozilla email thingy but a bit classier. So I am happy and just laugh when Firefox tells me it has blocked another popup!! I hear there is a weather extension to go with it...The calendar with Mozilla is really nice. Do I need a weather station??? We'll see.

No comments: