Translate

Monday, September 27, 2004

Photo free zone

Well, here I am in the photo free zone because I forgot to take my camera down to McLaren Vale when I went for a jaunt this afternoon. I'll blame it on the weather again. I am obsessed with it, I know, but we seem to be having so much rain and cold. Whatever happened to sunny Australia?? Must be the Government. Everything else is. Doesn't matter who you vote for, the Government still gets in. I saw Blair on the news tonight. What a sad sack he is. When he first got in he was this really go ahead, dynamic leader who seemed to be getting Britain up and running and even managed to give the Scottish Independence thing a whirl, and closer links with France and a bit more savvy over the situation in Ireland. That's how it looked from here at the bottom of the world. Then, during the Iraq Invasion , like Bush and Howard he became such a fake. Worse than fake. Those three managed to rain bombs on children's heads and we, the inhabitants of planet earth, knew it was wrong. We were listening, looking, watching. We were stunned. Staggered. We didn't approve. So many of us didn't approve. We were linked like the turn of the Millennium. How great was that watching all the countries in the world celebrating their tribute to a new Millennium and how linked we felt? And those three guys have blotted it all out and replaced it with what?? I felt a whole heap safer at the turn of the Millennium inspite of the Y2K bug. God, how they love to put the wind up us. So, it was raining again this morning, to get back on track, and I had to go and see the tax man. I used to do my own tax but there were so many things to check and manage thanks to all the new regulations of the simpler tax package Howard brought in, in the end, I went to see a tax man because I was getting so stressed. Well, this guy is good. He put my head straight, gave me a plan and has really helped me...so I was rapt today with the tax man. But then it was raining again and I was so fed up. We had had a brilliant two days of warm , sunny weather. I hopped in the car and that was that. I found myself at McLaren Vale with no camera. Got a fantastic bead bracelet from Silver Phantasy, though, with a magnetic clasp. How dinky is that?

No comments: