Translate

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Markets

"Maybe it's the recession, maybe it's the price of the car park but all I know is it's the quietest period I've seen here since I opened five years ago," he said.
Maybe it's that people didn't know Central Market  was now open on a Wednesday! I didn't and I usually stay on top of things like that. Missed that information completely. I shouldn't like to think the markets in town feel unloved and unwanted.  I am also thinking that Sunday would be a day where peole have time to get into town and shop at the market. There are regional ones on a Sunday, I know, but quite a few people go to  town Sunday and not a lot is open...and that can put you off. It is a tricky thing to manage in Adelaide, opening hours. Like some supermarkets do a roaring trade at 6 am in the morning and others are just plain dead and could open later. We have also been vctims of extreme heat which made us not cope and now lots of wet. The weather has a lot to do with what people are doing and this last year has been odd weatherwise.

No comments: