Translate

Monday, April 06, 2009

Scary Scooters

"Suddenly she passed me at full tilt," Mr Bishop said. "I shouted after her, but she is a bit deaf. I couldn't chase her as I have had a triple heart bypass.
His wife is 87 and appears to have gripped too tightly onto the controls so that she vanished 8 km away! She maybe panicked or had a lapse. It is scary. The poor husband to have to deal with that. Luckily it has all turned out well and the police appear to have managed it remarkably sanely. Mrs. Bishop says she was sleepy. We noticed quite a few of these scooters out in our area yesterday and the thing which worries me is they have to go on the road. Given they are for the aged and infirm, then it is a bit hard to expect them to negotiate traffic and for traffic to negotiate them. It would be good if there was a cut out button at a certain speed. I do think we need to review the use and the safety of the scooter usage. This story is a nightmare even though it reads quite funnily.

No comments: