Translate

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Prudent Banking

Gordon  Brown has suggested England return to the days where banks served the economy. A wave of nostalgia washed over me. I used to love my bank book. The royal blue colour was just the very thing and I used to love checking it as I left the bank. It was filled up entry by entry and it gave me a wonderful sense of achievement. Same with my passport...I used to love getting it stamped for each place I visited  and it became a lovely reminder. Internet banking and computerised processing just don't have the same personal touch and it is more like being done over than actually having an important place in society. Maybe the children growing up today don't have a problem and can see their importance in a technological world. I just think personal service is better at developing things like responsibility, loyalty, achievement, purpose...

No comments: