Translate

Thursday, August 07, 2008

Go go gadget go!

I have caused a lot of mirth in young and peers by buying a Nintendo DS. I liked the ad where Hamish cooks up a meal from his gadget. It really appealed to me. So I went and got one and I'm glad I did. The cooking programme is well produced and covers hundreds of international recipes and and then it has plenty of videos to show you how to do things. Then I found out my Nintendo can run in French. Bigger bonus. Keeps up my language skills. So I do my eye exercises, my brain training and my health watch in French. The foodie one runs only in English. So then I am surprised again by how limted the software is because it is catering to one age group. The Nintendo is so much more flexible than that. It's a real bonus because it's sturdy and easily packed. beats travelling boredome. Love it!!
My other gadget is my new MP3 player which also runs in French.Great way to maintain my language skills. I have my meditation and relaxation music on there. I can run my yoga training and listen to my music. My old one just played music. I am forever grateful to the sales assistant who listened to what I wanted and then explained what each mp3 player would do for me. He didn't think I'd work out what to do with the cradle, but never mind. His help was invaluable and what he suggested has worked like a charm. Love it.I am currently on a mission to stop companies and the general community being so conservative in their proposed uses for these gadgets. The gadgets are limited by how they are promoted.

No comments: