Translate

Saturday, April 05, 2008

Google sued for invasion of privacy

Google sued for invasion of privacy : "A couple in the US state of Pennyslvania are suing internet company Google for invading their privacy by showing pictures of their home on the 'Street View' website."

I can see the value of street level views if you are going to a place for the first time or you cannot get an idea in your head where exactly something is and what it looks like. It would make that kind of thing easier. It would also make it easier for snoopers, stalkers and the undesirables. I don't think we need to be broadcast 24/7. Unfortunately we have to be on the ball all the time when it comes to our privacy and our rights because nothing appears to be sacred. I hate the notion we have to keep getting involved in litigation lunacy. I hate the notion we have to sue but we have become a society which pays little or no attention to people's needs and so I am right behind this couple. Yes, we can ask for images to be removed but maybe they should be asking if we want them there in the first place. Same with cold callers...don't ring me up on what is supposed to be a silent number and don't ring me up even if it isn't. This is my home.

No comments: