Translate

Sunday, September 09, 2007

170,000 can beat ban

170,000 can beat ban: "'One minute the restrictions were someone else's fault, then the next minute they hand out a bucket-load of exemptions,' he said"

Except when I am using my rainwater tank, the bucket of water is coming from the same tap as the hose would be connected to. It is making it time consuming and arduous. My trigger hose is a bugga and I want my old nozzle back because I controlled water waste far better. I want to put the hose on the tap so I don't have to waste time and energy bucketing around. It would be simpler. Can people be trusted? By and large , yes. The elderly and the infirm have to be able to manage the restrictions in a way that suits them. Those with money can water at will and pay the fines. Bore water is being drained from our basin for those who have bores. Business and industry doesn't appear to be contributing much. I'd say it's pretty unbalanced and certainly not equitable. The water restrictions are not an issue. We support them. We are doing our bit, but we need to be allowed to manage them more effectively. If Adelaide is angry and cranky this week it's because we are back to the same old crap we had through summer where we did our bit but water mains were blowing, industry did as it pleased, we had to cart buckets after work and water in the dark and get bitten and injured. Give us a break.

No comments: