Translate

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

RSPCA seizes 'starving greyhounds'

RSPCA seizes 'starving greyhounds' : "'A very sad situation, most of the animals were malnourished and in very poor condition with sores and vast quantities of ticks,' he said."

I remember that someone I worked with got into trouble with his cows because he had not tended them. His wife was dying of cancer and his daughter had had a serious car accident. It had all fallen in on him and when we found out, we wondered why he had not said because we would have helped. That's the first lesson. People need to say when they need help. Greyhound owners generally love their animals. Just dote on them and are very proud of their condition and if the owner took took 10 to the vet to be put down, then some sense of rational thinking was there because it's so much harder to do that if you know you have been neglecting things. It is very hard to own up. Clearly there is a story here which will explain the abject circumstances of the dogs. It is so cruel and fortuately the vet people were alert because they rescued the others, a few of whom can be saved. It's so sad. People need to cry for help when they need it and maybe we need to be more alert to people who are trying to cope when clearly they aren't. When you cannot look after things then you need all the help you can get. This is why I get my dogs from the RSPCA. The current one had been starved and malnourished and I am really proud of my well fed shiny dog now. I have found the RSPCA is incredibly helpful when you take on a "sad" case. The last one was ill too but the RSPCA gave me a lot of support to get him started on the right road and he, too, led a happy life inspite of some tough things to deal with. You see, it workd both ways, if you need help, there are people who are pleased to help . I feel really good about what I have done and it will motivate me to keep doing it...and my family because they have loved our "strays".

No comments: