Translate

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Plasma prices

Australian IT - Plasma prices down for the count : "Global demand for liquid crystal display (LCD) and plasma TVs is expected to grow 52 per cent this year in unit terms, as people rush to replace their bulky models with thin, big-screen sets, according to research firm DisplaySearch." That they are coming down in price is a good thing and the big bulky sets look precisely that when you think of them in the same thought as the great new shiny ones coming out. I was in an electrical store the other day. It's the first time I had actually thought about my TV. It's a TV. I paid heaps for it at the time. It is not something I can just replace because it's fine...just big. What caught my attention was not particularly the prices...that was the second thing, I was really impressed with the pictures. They were so much clearer and brighter. I have been used to watching plasma or LCD around the place for the last couple of years, but I tell you, these new sets are SHINY!!! Such crystal clear pictures and the good thing was they weren't just the gigantic sets...there was a range of sizes. The neighbours have bought a smaller one for their dining area because a smaller one fits so easily. The flatness of them is a real space saving advantage. So now we are really getting to the 3 things which will sell them - the size, the price and the clarity of image. When it comes together like that you don't have to sell something...it sells itself. Good product, good price...fits!

No comments: