Translate

Sunday, November 12, 2006

NZ embarrass France, Pumas shock England

NZ embarrass France, Pumas shock England:

"The All Blacks crushed Six Nations champions France 47-3 in Lyon, the awesome Kiwis scoring seven tries as they handed the French their worst home defeat just 10 months before they host the World Cup."

France lost big time to NZ and England lost to Argentina. For those people who follow rugby, this competition is being thrown on its head from what I can tell...not a lot really, I won't even pretend to know. I watch the French news and they are great followers of rugby. We have a firm interest in it here , too, so we know about the All Blacks from New Zealand. On the French news last night they had the All Blacks playing France and I tell you, I can certainly appreciate good sportsmanship. The All Blacks looked the part and were awesome...as they were here against our team. They have to be congratulated on putting rugby into the hearts and souls of "le bout du monde." They have such spirit and they have such skill. The French are no hopeless team. I wonder what my friend though who is currently living in Lyon thinks. She might have seen it because NZ was playing and despite what you hear, Australia and NZ are very close. I am sad for the French, but I am so excited that a Kiwi team is right up there and on top of the world!!!

No comments: