Translate

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Belinda Emmett loses cancer battle.

TV personality Belinda Emmett loses cancer battle. :

"'Rove's fantastic. He doesn't flinch. He doesn't flinch,' she said.

'He's incredible, absolutely incredible. Honestly, I don't think I could have gotten through this the way that I have, if I hadn't had him there for support.'"

At 24 , Belinda Emmett was diagnosed with breast cancer. Three years later there was secondary bone cancer. She has been so dignified and generous through all of this. Her spirit has been strong and her grace and poise so impressive. She and Rove have been a class act when it comes to dealing with trauma and personal tragedy. They have both borne it so well and have shown us all how to be alive and well for every single moment. I am certain this will cut Rove deeply and even though our hilarious TV show host will have sufficient courage and inner strength to deal with this all, I just feel so sorry for him. She and he just did not deserve any of this and they have taught us so much. We are all thinking of him. We care and we are truly sad. I know he knows John Travolta and I know John Travolta had to haul himself through similar personal pain at a young age and developed into such a powerful and decent human being because of it . People will rally and keep Rove strong. Belinda was a lovely, talented, unassuming lady. She is going to be missed. All the more reason to support research and subsidise treatments.

No comments: