Translate

Monday, August 14, 2006

Most read junk mail, survey claims

AdelaideNow... Most read junk mail, survey claims:

"Almost 90 per cent of respondents to a survey by Sweeney Research reported they were regular readers of junk mail delivered to their home."

The junk mail deliverers are the unsung heroes of all of this. They tramp the streets and deliver the mail they have folded for a pittance. I never hold them up but I am always friendly if I see them. I love my junk mail and have never seen it as a nuisance. I get to see what's on special, I get to compare proces and I get leads I can follow up online. I use my junk mail when I am looking to purchase and I like to see what's available where. I should prefer it as a once a week catalogue where all the items from all the stores are in one booklet. Maybe that is more expensive to produce. It then goes straight into the recycle bin. I often see people at the shops with the pictures of the things from the junk mail. So we use it and we follow it up. I just feel sorry for the deliverers and it is worse for them in unclement weather.

No comments: