Translate

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Lawyers help the homeless

AdelaideNow... Lawyers help the homeless:

"'It means so much. When you're homeless and unemployed you can be made to feel very small,' he said."

I think this is so fantastic. So heart warming and so nice. It is great to hear about people caring about people and about a community apporach to living. It is fantastic to see that there is a level playing field. Homelessness stories abound. I know some people just drop out and do not want to be a part of the system for philosphical reasons, but that is not most poeple. I know there are some kids who are just wayward and just leave home and then find themselves on the street. Most homeless people do not want to be homeless and they want to lead a normal, happy life. I have heard of families sleeping in cars and sending their children to school from cars. They have to park in different places so they are not picked up and charged with something. Once you get to that stage, you do need a helping hand. I also believe if you give a helping hand it will come back to you. I not only believe it , I know it. We've got over 7000 homeless people on our streets in Adelaide. It's ridiculous. We need a clear public picture of this so we can start addressing the issues and preventing the fall into undesired homelessness.

No comments: