Translate

Monday, June 19, 2006

Shuttle to fly in face of hazard

Shuttle to fly in face of hazard:

"NASA's top safety official, Bryan O'Conner, and its chief engineer, Christopher Scolese, signed the flight plans, but noted their objections about proceeding without resolving the issue."

I can only say to NASA the same thing I say to the people here...why are you employing experts and why are you ignoring them??? We are talking safety here. I know, I know, I'd be the first to be all excited because they have launched the Shuttle. I love the Shuttle stuff and what it does and how they get it back home. If the risk is rated probable/catastrophic then this is not the careful NASA I know which only takes calculated risks. This is reckless and I think NASA needs to rethink the launch date because it is not worth throwing lives away because you didn't want to dot the i's and cross the t's. Poeple are everything and launching for disaster is so pointless when there are experts there who would just thrive on the challenge of solving the problems.

No comments: