Translate

Monday, June 19, 2006

Ogilvy wins US Open

Ogilvy wins US Open - Golf - Sport - smh.com.au:

"Ogilvy, 29, is the first Australian winner of a major championship since Steve Elkington won the PGA in 1995."

All I can say is CONGRATULATIONS!!! I don't actually understand the interest in golf...as someone famous once said , it's a good way to ruin a nice walk. Still, this guy has done so well and I am pleased he has won the US Open because it is quite an achievement. A lot more people are playing golf here, for reasons best known to themselves and it's something all age groups are tinkering with...some more seriously than others. I saw my favourite, Mr. Nice Guy , Tiger Woods miss his shots...honestly! What came over him? I really like Tiger Woods. He has such an easy manner. I have never seen Geoff Ogilvy talk or play...but he is obviously right up there now and I'll look out for him.

No comments: