Translate

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Downer sorry for settler's family

Downer sorry for settler's family :

"The body of Eliyahu Asheri, whose father is an Australian citizen from Adelaide, was recovered last night after he was kidnapped on Sunday.

Foreign Minister Alexander Downer tonight said he sympathised with the family, and condemned the terrorists' actions."

I thank Mr. Downer for being so quick to respond to this in a way which is clear cut and compassionate. Have we had enough yet? Are we ready to change a world which keeps asking for thousands of sacrificial deaths for whichever country, whichever state, whichever cause? Have we had enough deaths yet? So I think instead of asking for less, we need to start asking for more. More life. More living. Instead of being asked to put up with death we need to start asking for the right to live. Our lives are being organised to the last detail : we are named, numbered, traced, tagged, searched, scanned...we never ask for more life. We keep having all these steps, plans and protocols and we keep having more death. I want governments that can give me life, give my friends life, my family , my colleagues, my fellow human beings. At some stage we need to put the guns, knives, bombs, aggression and anger away and start working towards a place we can all live. Every day we are dished up more and every day we listen and hear and know that that is not how we want it. Obviously not enough people have died yet. One day I'll wake up and hear we are talking and the weaponry has been put to rest.

No comments: