Translate

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Speaker stands by Gillard suspension.

Speaker stands by Gillard suspension. :

"Ms Gillard has accused the Speaker of double standards, saying Tony Abbott used the same words to attack the Opposition last week."

Different rules for men and women? Our level of parliamentary debate is even worse than I thought. Saying something and then withdrawing it is just technical trickery. It's the saying of it and addressing anyone in such a manner in parliament which ought to be in question. On those rules you can say anything and withdraw it and are deemed to be better than someone else. So I can say anything and then say I withdraw it and it's all right? I don't think so. I do wish our parliament would operate along more dignified, informed and intelligent lines. This is truly pathetic. These people are supposed to be leading the country. Good job the rest of us are here.

No comments: