Translate

Thursday, May 04, 2006

The Glass House

ABC The Glass House:
"'Be part of the mayhem as Wil, Dave and Corinne are joined by comedians, politicians, musicians and sports stars in the studio."

Mayhem being the operative word last night. Not often the Glass House is upstaged by the Glasshouse!!! It's one of my favourite progammes. Funny, witty, thinking, hilarious, off the wall, serious...organised chaos. It was precariously balanced at once stage last night. Our TV shows this week have been very surprising! The guests last night were an interesting form of mayhem because a couple of them were really running on the edge of anarchy and at one point the skills of the Australians to manage and contain it was really tested. I thought they were very good at thinking on their feet and a couple of them were expert at containing the show very cleverly within the boundaries with the aid of a canny ally. Very clever. In the end I went to bed thinking I was glad they put a stamp on the envelope being pushed. I felt it was too far on the crazy side for me and I like crazy but there was something not quite right and I still haven't pin pointed it. It's like Ali G. He really tests the boundaries and he is excellent at it and he has well honed crap detectors, but every so often you think...oh no, I don't think that's right and I guess then his genius is that he can get you to clarify very easily the difference between far and too far. We had a couple of fast thinking very adaptable people last night who could manage the too far before it was way too far. Like watching an awesome tennis match and just as exhilarating and exhausting.

No comments: