Translate

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Henry




I was up early this morning and went out the back to see how the weather was. As I looked towards the window I saw three long legs poking out above the bench seat. I was still asleep and my groggy brain thought it must be an horrendous Martian spider or something. A minute later I worked out spiders have 8 legs and I'd probably be seeing 4 of them. I got up to look. I was a bit hesitant as to what sort of a green creature I might find. I found Henry. I have never seen anything so big as this in all my life. I don't know if he is a grasshopper or stick insect or what he is. He was about 12 centimetres long. I went out and when I came back, Henry had climbed onto my door and his little triangular head was swivelling to look at me. After I got some more photos I moved him over to the decking garden so he'd have some plants to play on. He's gone now so he's probably a lot happier with the plants! Posted by Picasa

No comments: