Translate

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Computer chips get under the skin

Computer chips get under skin of US enthusiasts.:

"The computer chips, which cost about $US2 ($2.70), interact with a device installed in computers and other electronics. The chips are activated when they come within 3 inches of a so-called reader, which scans the data on the chips.

The 'reader' devices are available for as little as $US50."


It makes me feel squeamish at the very thought of it and I hope these palm implants never become compulsory. I cannot bear the thought of things being lodged in my skin. YUUUUCK!! I have to confess this is a brilliantly conceived device and comes at a really good price. The techie friends have tried these RFID chip implants , too, and tell me they do not hurt a bit and are not a problem. It's the thought. Don't they get infected? What happens when you wash? Do they go off?? I can't bear the thought of it...but good luck if other people can appreciate the step forward in ingenious technology.

No comments: