Translate

Friday, December 16, 2005

Coles fined over citrus imports.

Coles fined over citrus imports. :

"The court heard that Coles sent 90 kilograms of Queensland mandarins to its Berri supermarket on July 17 this year."


I shop at Coles and have done for years because they have, in my opinion, a good relationship with their customers and have been innovative in customer relations. I am concerned they would cite a communication breakdown as the reason for sending interstate citrus to the Riverland. The Riverland is our citrus growing area and its citrus is top quality. To be in breach of quarantine regulations instated a year ago is very ...I was going to say, slack. Slack is not what I know Coles to be. They are usually very good at responding to local needs even within a small area. Each Coles is slightly different according to its locations and that is something I have appreciated. I cannot believe they would be that inefficient and retrograde. Someone needs some professional development because whoever has ignored the location of the Riverland store and the quarantine regulations has ignored something fundamental to what I see as the Coles MO...they value good relations with their customers based on polite, cheerful, helpful, co operative service. They also provide a good range of quality supermarket food. I guess the fine will remind them they have a name to uphold!

No comments: