Translate

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Mitcham caps return with diving gold

Mitcham caps return with diving gold 2008 Beijing Olympic Games : "The former trampolinist quit the sport in 2006 but returned midway through 2007 with a fire in his belly to become Australia's third Olympic diving gold medallist."

And thank heavens he did come back. My sister, who is less into the Olympics than I am ,rang me up early this morning just to let me know about Matthew Mitchum. She said he was brilliant. She was completely excited and thrilled she had stayed up to watch the diving. We had been out to dinner and we were watching the Oympics and then I came home. She had gone back to watch more, so my enthusiasm had rubbed off. I wasn't particularly delighted with an early call on a Sunday morning, but for Matthew Mitcham to have my sister gabbling on about it all in such an excited way, gave me the knowledge that he must indeed be special and it is this which is important. We don't know many of these athletes and then they come out of nowhere and inspire us, enthral us and delight us.We value their brilliance because it helps us to thrive. It is just fantastic.

No comments: