Translate

Monday, November 07, 2005

New attack on zombies

Australian IT - New attack on zombies :

"ACMA will alert the ISPs to infected machines operating on their networks, Communications Minister Helen Coonan said in a statement. The ISPs will then advise affected customers and provide advice on fixing the problem."

If someone walked into my house and told me I had termites or the underpining was bad and just left me a note, I think I'd be worried even though the advice was sound and well meant. How do you normally relay "useful" information to people? Do you normally go in and check people's homes and then tell them the problems? It's the way these things are done. If we knew there was someone you could contact to check for zombie status, I think we would. It's the asking which is an important step. Or isn't it?

No comments: