Translate

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Luxury goods spree

Luxury goods spree :

"According to the latest Retail Probe Report, published by the Melbourne Institute of Applied Economics and research firm IdeaWorks, household goods will be the fastest-growing consumer category over the next two years, with sales increasing by around 10 per cent. By contrast, spending on cafes and restaurants, sporting goods and even takeaway food appears to be falling."

I have certainly been spending on toys lately. I finally got my laptop and it's a lovely new NEC and I can't believe how cruisy it is. I have a pretty fantastic desktop not on the net and that is just a dream how it smoothly goes from one thing to the next. Just a dream. This NEC is even cruisier!! Why did I get it? Because , eventually I'd like to replace my desktops with laptops. Just to save space. I am not yet convinced a laptop is the way to go so I have to play with it until I know. It's heaps easier replacing the bits which "go" on a desktop. I like the laptop because I can compute anywhere now. So mobility is a factor. It plays a mean DVD the graphics are incredible and the music plays really well. So, I felt pretty swish sitting there with my new notebook. But I have also been doing a bit of nest building and sprucing and that is what seems to be happening. Adelaide used to to out all the time. People seem to be doing things to make their homes better at the moment. Not sure why the shift is away from the cafes and restaurants...maybe because a lot of people are putting in home theatres so they are basing themselves more in their homes and then getting the things to make home living fun. All a bit hard to fathom, but we're happy gardening,pottering, tinkering and buying what we need to change our spaces.

No comments: